The Merrimack Parks & Recreation Department is seeking an Archery Instructor for the Summer 2015 Season.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the Day Camp Director
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: The Archery Instructor is responsible for teaching/ leading quality archery & sports programs
• Develop, plan & lead archery & sports activities for children between the ages of 5 – 14 which will foster participant’s skills & abilities.
• Setup Archery Range on a daily basis.
• Review safety rules with campers
• Team and monitor proper use of equipment
• During staff training, assist in teaching responsibilities associated with archery & sports activities.
• Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
• Be a Positive Role model to all campers and staff
• Participate in staff meetings
• Offer good suggestions when needed or requested
• Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory
• Storing and keeping equipment in good condition
• Assist in packing materials and supplies for following season
• Evaluate current season and make suggestions for following season
• Other duties may be assigned as required.
Apply by: March 27 2015
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation / Naticook Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- High School graduate or equivalent, or at least 18 years of age
- Certification as a Level 1 Archery Instructor or equivalent from a recognized organization
- Experience teaching Archery
- CPR / AED Certification
- Standard First Aid
Position runs from June 22nd - August, 14 2015