Each activity head supervises staff and campers to ensure they have a healthy and fun experience within the activity area in which you are assigned.
- Ensures the Health and Safety of the campers at all times.
- Communicates and supervises activity and group counselors to meet the needs of the campers during the activity period.
- Actively participates in the camp program and serves as excellent role model for appropriate behavior at all times.
- Helps provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well being among the camp family.
- Attends and participates in orientation and weekly staff meetings as requested.
- Ensures that their activity area meets the ACA Accreditation Standards and state regulations.
- Provides weekly activity plans that are age appropriate for the program within the scope of the camp schedule.
- Sets up the activity area and ensures equipment and supplies are ready to implement a successful program.
- Provides support to all camp events such as the Talent Show and Carnival.
- Formally participates in a mid-season and end of season staff evaluation with the Activities Coordinator and evaluates any activity counselors assigned to your area.
- Packs materials and supplies at the end of the season.
- Keeps inventory of all equipment and supplies.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
Apply by: April 22 2017
Camp/Organization: Brooks School Summer Programs (ACA Accredited)
Location: North Andover, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: competitive hourly wage
- Documented training, certification or experience in activity.
- Pass background checks
- Desire, and ability to work with children and adults in a camp setting.
- Strong ability to communicate well with staff and campers.
Established in 1971, Brooks School Summer Programs has earned a reputation as New England’s leader in summer programs. Over the past 46 years we have created a portfolio of programs for all ages and interests. We’re more than a summer camp. Our wide array of programs for campers ages 4–18 help great kids develop skills for a successful future.