Aquatics Instructors needed at our Day Camp and Resident Camp. Aquatics activity supervision, swimming lessons taught, as well as teaching row boating, canoeing, kayaking, lifesaving, small boat sailing, and standup paddleboarding.
Apply by: June 30 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Resolute (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Certified as a BSA Lifeguard or equivalent but will provide training. Current certification in first aid and Pro-Rescuer CPR (training provided)
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff
- Ability to enforce necessary safety regulations
- Ability to perform aquatic safety and rescue skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with all camp staff, and Directors
- Assists in camp-wide events
- Willing to be Registered member of BSA
- 16 years of age
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers
Previous Lifeguard experience a plus, but will train.
Salary based on 1st time staff, but consideration given for previous experience.