Camp Quinebarge’s Adventure Course includes a 30 foot, 4 ascent climbing wall, a Low Ropes course with 12 elements, and a 6-element High Ropes Course with Zipline.
Ropes and Wall are both very popular activities within the Sports Program, with offerings during every activity period. Our goals within these activities are to help campers overcome obstacles or fears, and build life skills including communication, teamwork, trust, cooperation, and more in a safe and supportive environment.
- Deliver a fun ropes and wall program to campers.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures in the program area.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the Ropes and Wall program area.
- Equipment used includes ropes, harnesses, helmets, belay systems, ladders, handholds for climbing wall, and all elements of low and high ropes courses.
- The Counselor will work within our Sports and Adventure unit, meaning they will be helping lead all types of sports activities.
Apply by: February 13 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Current certification in challenge courses, belaying or similar or documented experience and training. This may be acquired onsite during staff training.
Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Working long hours in an active Sports Program
- Possess strength to safely spot, belay, and/or rescue participants and climbers
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury)
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers
- 18 years of age as of the start of employment and eligible for work in the United States
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training Other certifications a plus (High Ropes/Wall, Lifeguard, Wilderness First Aid)
- Desire to work with and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, summer, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 65 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, and make friendships that last a lifetime. At Quinebarge, counselors lead program activities as well as live in and supervise their assigned cabin of 4-8 campers. During activity periods, counselors are responsible for their activity areas and for the group of campers assigned for that hour; most other times, they are with their cabin.