The Outdoor Adventure Activity Specialist is responsible for coordinating and leading adventure education activities at Naticook Day Camp.
The specialist will develop, plan and lead daily adventure challenge activities, nature hikes, canoe treks and other activities that help campers feel more comfortable in the outdoors and build life skills including communication, teamwork, trust, cooperation, and more in a safe and supportive environment.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the Day Camp Director
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Develop, plan & lead daily outdoor adventure activities for children between the ages of 4 – 14.
• Determine suitable activities by considering: age and abilities, likes / dislikes, and familiarity
• Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory, storing, and keeping equipment in good condition. Continually checking equipment and making repairs.
• Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
• Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed
• Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of season
• Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season
• Other duties may be assigned as required
Apply by: March 5 2019
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp / Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $9.00 - $11.56/hr
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Candidates must be at lease 18 years of age
• Experience in team building activities, problem solving activities, or low ropes skills.
• Experience leading nature hikes or canoe trips
• High School graduate or equivalent, or at least 18 years of age
• Current CPR and first aid certifications preferred or willing to obtain
• Current small craft canoe safety certification or willing to obtain
• Current canoe instructor certification highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Training and experience in playing or leading nature hikes, canoe trips, low ropes or other team building activities.
• Ability to teach and direct campers of all ages
• Desire and ability to work with children
• Ability to relate to one’s peer group
• Ability to guide and supervise
• Good character, integrity, and adaptability
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control