The Adventure Activity Specialist is responsible for coordinating and leading adventure education activities at Naticook Day Camp. The specialist will develop, plan and lead daily adventure challenge activities that help campers overcome obstacles or fears, and build life skills including communication, teamwork, trust, cooperation, and more in a safe and supportive environment.
- Develop, plan & lead daily outdoor adventure education activities for children between the ages of 5 – 14.
- The specialist will develop, plan and lead daily adventure challenge activities that help campers overcome obstacles or fears, and build life skills including communication, teamwork, trust, cooperation, and more in a safe and supportive environment.
- Determine suitable play by considering: age and abilities, likes / dislikes, and familiarity
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Apply by: April 3 2017
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Training and experience in outdoor adventure education
- High School graduate or equivalent, or at least 18 years of age
- Current CPR and first aid certifications preferred
- Training and experience in Outdoor Adventure, Team Building Activities, group debriefing or related activities
- Ability to teach and direct campers of all ages
- Desire and ability to work with children
- Ability to relate to one’s peer group
- Ability to guide and supervise
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
Please visit http://www.merrimacknh.gov/positionopenings or the Town of Merrimack Human Resource Office located at 6 Baboosic Lake Road, Merrimack, NH, 03054 to view a complete job description and to obtain a Town application. To apply, submit your Town application and a copy of your certification cards to the above address. No email please. Position is open until filled. EOE For questions about the position, please contact Parks & Recreation Director Matt Casparius at 603-882-1046. Position is open until filled