At Adventure, campers enjoy our low ropes course and other outdoor initiatives designed especially for developing teamwork and allowing campers to enjoy fun challenges.
Each activity head supervises staff and campers to ensure they have a healthy and fun experience within the activity area in which you are assigned.
- Ensures the Health and Safety of the campers at all times.
- Communicates and supervises activity and group counselors to meet the needs of the campers during the activity period.
- Actively participates in the camp program and serves as excellent role model for appropriate behavior at all times.
- Helps provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well being among the camp family.
- Attends and participates in orientation and weekly staff meetings as requested.
- Ensures that their activity area meets the ACA Accreditation Standards and state regulations.
- Provides weekly activity plans that are age appropriate for the program within the scope of the camp schedule.
- Sets up the activity area and ensures equipment and supplies are ready to implement a successful program.
- Provides support to all camp events such as the Talent Show and Carnival.
- Formally participates in a mid-season and end of season staff evaluation with the Activities Coordinator and evaluates any activity counselors assigned to your area.
- Packs materials and supplies at the end of the season.
- Keeps inventory of all equipment and supplies.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
Apply by: April 22 2017
Camp/Organization: Brooks School Summer Programs (ACA Accredited)
Location: North Andover, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: competitive hourly wage
- Documented training, certification or experience in activity.
- Pass background checks
- Desire, and ability to work with children and adults in a camp setting.
- Strong ability to communicate well with staff and campers.
Established in 1971, Brooks School Summer Programs has earned a reputation as New England’s leader in summer programs. Over the past 46 years we have created a portfolio of programs for all ages and interests. We’re more than a summer camp. Our wide array of programs for campers ages 4–18 help great kids develop skills for a successful future.