Position Summary: The Administrative Specialist’s primary responsibilities include general office administration, receiving visitors and incoming phone calls, and carrying out complex clerical duties, data entry and special projects that are essential for the functioning of Farm & Wilderness’ administration, including the admissions, development, and finance departments. The tasks and responsibilities required of the Administrative Specialist are to provide support for the entire organization requiring coordinating and balancing the needs of multiple individuals, endeavors, and departments. The Administrative Specialist provides support to all users (staff and families) with the online registration system. The primary work location for this position is located at the Farm & Wilderness main office in Plymouth, VT.
Organizational Summary: Farm & Wilderness Foundation (F&W) is a non-profit, educational organization operating six summer camps for children and young adults, a family camp, and year-round educational programming. Set on a beautiful 500-acre campus in the Green Mountains of Vermont, F&W programs are rich in adventure, community, history, and spirit and foster an individual relationship with the natural world. While each camp and initiative provides unique programs based on age and interests, all F&W activities are shaped by Quaker principles and the common belief that individuals and communities are strengthened by justice, honesty, self-reliance, diversity and respect for all persons. People of any race, background, religion, sexual orientation, or economic status are encouraged to apply to our camps as campers or staff.
To learn more about F&W please visit: http://www.farmandwilderness.org.
Apply by: December 11 2016
Camp/Organization: Farm & Wilderness Foundation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Plymouth, VT
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to represent Farm & Wilderness in a professional and articulate manner
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to input & retrieve data from computerized records keeping program (database)
- Commitment to strong customer service
- Respectful, clear, and patient communication skills that allow for collaborative work as part of an inter-departmental team
- Develop a keen awareness of and respect for the values of F&W and its constituents