- Serve as the primary contact for incoming phone calls, e-mails, and postal mail.
- Maintain accurate records of contact information.
- Coordinate distribution of the annual brochure, parent and camper information, and other mailings or electronic communications as needed.
- Organize and facilitate check-in and check-out days at camp.
- Annually update the camp forms, waivers, and handbook with input from the Wildwood staff.
- Ensure that parents return completed camper forms prior to each camp session, and review forms for accuracy, completeness, and communicate urgent information to camp staff.
- Maintain strong work relationships with Mass Audubon staff in various Divisions, Departments, and Regions throughout the organization, and especially at Headquarters.
- Process payments, gifts, and other income.
- Submit properly coded invoice approvals and check requests to the Financial Operations department to ensure full, prompt payment of bills.
- Maintain income and expense records, reconciling monthly with the ledger print-outs provided by Financial Operations.
- Coordinate completion of summer camp staff hiring paperwork and payroll in accordance with Mass Audubon and American Camp Association guidelines.
- Create and send bi-weekly enrollment and income reports.
- Enter registrations and payments in Mass Audubon’s online program registration database.
- Collect balances due, prior to the camp session.
- With the assistance of the Wildwood director, review financial aid applications and allocate aid to eligible families.
- Participate regularly and actively in departmental and interdepartmental meetings and conferences.
- With the Marketing and Program Coordinators, prepare and collect program evaluations from campers and parents.
- Occasionally work irregular hours including evenings and/or weekends, particularly during the summer season.
- Maintain applicable files and records pertaining to all aspects of the position, and reply to routine correspondence.
- Perform other position-related duties as requested.
Apply by: September 10 2017
Camp/Organization: Wildwood (ACA Accredited)
Location: Rindge, NH
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: $18 - $20 per hour
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, and at least two years relevant experience in administration and registration, particularly in an organized camping or environmental education program.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including using web-based applications, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and basic desktop publishing.
- Demonstrated experience reflecting strong customer service skills and comfort and effectiveness in interacting with both adults and youth.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate Wildwood’s philosophy, mission, and programs.
- Demonstrated skill and enthusiasm for communicating Mass Audubon’s mission to a variety of audiences.
- Valid driver’s license needed for both instate and interstate travel.
- Successful completion of initial and annual background security assessments and driver’s record checks.
- Community-level child/adult CPR and First Aid certifications, kept current throughout employment.
- Successful candidates will need to pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver's)