ACT Now Summit (Bridgewater State University)
Crossroads is looking for motivated, enthusiastic people who want to spend a few weeks making a life-changing impact on young people. Spend your summer in a fun, dynamic environment with incredible kids and inspiring colleagues. We hire a diverse team of passionate, dedicated counselors to inspire, mentor and build meaningful relationships with the youth that we serve.
The C5 A.C.T. Now Summit is a week-long community leadership experience for teens in the summer between their junior and senior year in high school. The experience is designed to help teens understand how decisions are made and how needs are met in the communities where they live. Teens learn how their local governments work and about the concept of social justice, meet people who are making a difference in their communities, explore potential solutions to the unique problems faced by their communities and develop a multimedia presentation about their experiences.
General Summary of Duties:
- Perform all duties as the leader that you would expect our youth to become.
- Supervise youth 24 hours a day except on scheduled breaks and time-off.
- Engage and coach youth during all components of the experience to reinforce and reflect on leadership concepts.
- Ensure strict compliance with all C5 standards for programs including supervision of youth and transportation protocols.
- Respond to inappropriate and unsafe behaviors according to established procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude and high energy levels despite an intense schedule that involves continuous active engagement with youth for extended periods.
- Participate in C5 ACT Now Summit staff training program.
The ACT Now Summit Counselor supervises a group of youth involved in each of these experiences. The counselor lives in a cabin and dorm rooms with youth, participates fully in all activities and facilitates the reflective process that helps youth establish a connection between experiences and leadership. Role modeling excitement for the program and support for one another is a basic function of the position. Youth will look to their counselor as an example of leadership in basic life skills, facing challenges and finding solutions to problems that are presented as part of our curriculum. The Counselor should have at least 2 years of college or post-secondary experience.
Position starts July 8th and finishes July 14th. Camp stipend is $300/week. Room and board included.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply by: July 7 2016
Camp/Organization: Crossroads (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Must be at least 20 years old
Have attended at least two years of college study or post-secondary experience