Swim Lessons Instructor (YMCA WSI)- Meets ACA PA-19.
This course provides participants with the basic knowledge and skills to teach swim lessons to parent–child pairs, preschoolers, youth and adults. It includes both land and pool sessions on lesson planning, teaching methodology, class organization, class components, and skills for swim lesson programs. The course covers the expectations for instructors and outlines their responsibilities for teaching swimming & aquatic classes that are student centered values oriented, safe and effective in teaching aquatic skills. This course satisfies ACA Standard, PA-19 & Maine Swim Lesson Instructor guidelines for Swim Lessons.
This training is on June 18th and 19th.
- Be at least 16 years of age on the last day of scheduled course
- Current CPR/AED Pro (within 1 year), First Aid
- Participant should be able to perform all the strokes, but only three of the five strokes in good form. Good form includes appropriate arm actions, leg actions, breathing, and coordination of the stroke for a distance of 40 feet to 25 yards. Wet ball skills – Dribble, pass, and catch ball while walking and swimming. Shoot ball into goal.
- Diving skills – Jump off one-meter board with arm swing and standing dive off deck.
- Tread water for two minutes.
Event Organizer/Sponsor: Joshua Scott, YMCA Camp of Maine
When: June 18, 2016 from 2pm-10pm and June 19th, 2016 at 9am-9pm (RSVP required)
Where: YMCA Camp of Maine
305 Winthrop Center Rd. PO Box 446
WINTHROP, Maine 04364