For camp professionals with 1-4 years of camp director experience
Join a group of your peers for monthly facilitated discussions at the ACA, New England offices in Lexington, MA. This round table series will provide camp professionals who have between 1-4 summers as a director under their belt (or current assistant directors who will be stepping into the director role next summer) with a safe and professional place to discuss issues of common concern and a way to build their professional network. Topics will include:
- Building Your Team
- (How do we hire strategically? What about dismissals? Who is invited back or promoted? How do we mentor, engage, support and grow our staff team?)
- Director Hacks
- (How do we efficiently tackle the never-ending task list? What tips and tricks make or break the summer? What are our best practices, stretch goals, and fallback plans?)
- People to People
- (Who should be recognized as part of our camp orbit? How do we work successfully with campers, parents/guardians, agencies, donors, neighbors, and interested parties?)
Emily Golinsky, Executive Director at Camp Starfish and a member of ACA, New England’s New Camp Director Workshop faculty, will facilitate the sessions. Her role will be to provide resources to participants prior to and following discussions (books, articles, video clips, etc.), guide the discussion, and provide observations and insights, all while keeping the conversation and flow of information going!
Who: Camp directors with between 1-4 years of camp administrator experience (both day and resident camp directors are welcome!) or current assistant directors who will be stepping into the director role next summer. (As space is limited, only one representative per camp can be accommodated at this time.)
When: Most sessions will be on a Wednesday from 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM. Knowing travel can be challenging during the winter months and some of you came quite a distance, we will also explore the option of allowing attendees to join via Zoom if needed.
The dates for the 2019-2020 season are as follows:
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020, 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- (Please note this is a Tuesday and an afternoon time-frame.)
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Please bring your own brown bagged lunch to enjoy during the program.
Participants will receive 15 Continuing Education Credits (CECs)
for their full participation.
If you have 5 or more summers of experience, please consider joining our
Experienced Director Round Table Series, which will start in October 2019.
About the Facilitator
Event Organizer/Sponsor: ACA New England
When: November 13, 2019 from 10:30AM - 1:30PM (RSVP required)
Where: ACA, New England Office
80 Westview Street, Lexington, MA
Cost: $200/ACA, New England Members; $250/Non-Members. Registration is for the duration of the series - six sessions in total.
Space is limited to ensure a quality experience, so early registration is highly suggested!
Questions? Reach out to Kerry, ACA New England Director of Education and Professional Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-541-6080 ext. 104.Registrations are non-refundable, but may be transferred to another eligible individual prior to the start of the series. Once the series begins, no transfers or substitutions will be permitted.