Camp Preparedness 2020 - Discussing the Essentials for COVID-19: Quarantine Operations and Emergency Planning for this Summer (Webinar)
COVID-19 is a scary thing to look at head on. As camps, we worry about what we may face this summer, and what it may mean for the future of our camp. We have a choice: to cross our fingers and hope or take steps to protect our campers and staff. This session will cover what you need to know, what you need to be ready for, and how a small number of actions on your part will save you money and headaches in the long run.
- Understand the concepts of hazards, vulnerability, and risk as they apply to Covid19 and your camp
- Review key information about COVID-19 and how it is managed on an individual basis, and at a facility.
- Identify immediate short-term, and long-term losses that are possible if camps do not have an adequate plan for managing a COVID-19 case/cases
- Identify key capacities and plans to have ready
- Understand the importance and benefits of a custom all-hazards emergency plan, compared to using an online stock emergency plan
Event Organizer/Sponsor: American Camp Association
When: May 7, 2020 from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm ET (RSVP required)
Where: Via Zoom
Cost: FREE, but registration is required