Utilizing core Adventure concepts, participants will:
- Learn Standard Operating Procedures for traversing and ascending high elements, including Climbing Wall/Tower faces.
- Learn how to tie the figure 8 follow-through, figure 8 on-a-bight, double figure 8 and Killick hitch.
- Learn the BUS belay method.
- Learn when participant belays (Australian Belay, TEAM belay, individual) might be appropriate, and how to manage these belays.*
- Learn how to set up and take down elements properly. Care for Challenge Course equipment.
- Learn how to incorporate various types of groups into a High Element experience.
Event Organizer/Sponsor: Project Adventure
When: June 21, 2017 from 8:30AM-5:00PM (RSVP required)
Where: Project Adventure
719 Cabot Street
Beverly, Massachusetts 01915
- For this session, participants must bring their camp/organizations’ harnesses, belay device(s) and helmets in order to be trained on equipment they will be using. These must be less than 10 years old and pass a visual inspection.
- Upon registration, applicants will be sent a questionnaire to complete with more information about their camp program.
- Cost includes lunch