We will be launching a new Training Calendar in the upcoming weeks.
If you have a training to be added to the list before the new page is live, please contact Elizabeth
When to Train and Certify?
The non-camp seasons of fall, winter and spring are full of opportunities to train and certify staff for the summer. While most courses take place before camp in May & June, there are plenty of year-round offerings to keep you and your staff up-to-date on the latest educational developments for providing children with the safest and best summer camp experience possible.
Check back often for updated information
- Windham-Tolland 4-H Camp (Pomfret, CT) will be offering a Low Ropes Level 1 Facilitator Training to be held June 1 and 2, 2018. For more information click here.
- Camp Hazen (Chester, CT) will be offering a USA Archery Level 2 Course May 12 and 13. Contact Carolyn for more information.
- Camp Sloper (Southington, CT) Connecticut Camping Association and CT YMCA Network Summer Camp Kick Off Training. More then 30 workshops to help prepare an energize camp staff for the summer. Sarah Kurtz McKinnon will keynote. Registration and more information, click here.
- Camp Candlewood / Camp Laurel (New Fairfield and Lebanon, CT) will be offering Low Ropes, Lifeguarding, CPR/First Aid, Archery, and Small Craft training. June 10 - 17 2018. For more information and to register email - email@example.com 1-800-922-2770 x 3368
- Wyonegonic Camps (Denmark, ME) offers instruction/certification for Archery, Canoeing, Challenge Courses (low and high), First Aid & CPR, American Red Cross Lifeguard, WSI, and Windsurfing. Training clinics will be held in June 2018. For more information and to register click here.
- Winona Camps (Bridgton, ME) WSI Instructor, US Sailing, Powerboat, Lifeguard Instructor, Basic Water Rescue/Small Craft Safety, rifle Training, Wilderness First Aid, Maine Trip Leader, Lifeguard, Fly Fishing, Mental Health First Aid, Waterfront Lifeguard. All Courses offered in June 2018. For more information and to register click here.
- YMCA Camp of Maine (Winthrop, ME) offers American Red Cross Small Craft Safety, Lifeguard Crossover & Re-cert, Lifeguard Instructor, BLS CPR/AED & First Aid, Swim Lessons Instructor (YMCA WSI), and Archery Level 1 & Level 2. Courses offered in June 2018. For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org. To register click here.
- Camp Cedar (Casco, ME) will be offering Archery, and Maine Trip Leader Training in June 2018. For more informaition and to register click here
- Project Adventure (Beverly, MA) offers courses in Artificial Climbing Wall I, Artificial Climbing Wall II, Adventure Institute for Camp Staff: Facilitation Skills & Low Elements, and Adventure Institute for Camp Staff: High Elements. Contact Keri Hinchin email@example.com with questions. To register Click Here
- Cape Cod Sea Camps (Brewster, MA) Offers US Sailing, USTA Tennis, NAA Archery, CMP Rifle Instructor, WSI Update Course in addition to various ARC courses in Lifegaurding, CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety. Courses offered in June 2018.
- Camp Wingate*Kirkland (Yarmouth Port, MA) offers American Red Cross certifications and courses in: Water Safety Instructor Training, Lifeguard Instructor Training, and Blended Learning Lifeguard Certification. Courses offered in June.
- ACA New England (Lexington, MA) is able to offer CPR / First Aid Courses for groups of 10 or less, Contact Elizabeth for more information.
- Camp Pemigewassett (Wentworth, NH) offers a Nature Instruction Clinic from June 10 to June 15. Staff will be trained to run a nature program at their camp, one suited to its location, participants, philosophy and schedule. Contact R. Laurence Davis, PhD, Director of Nature Programs and Teaching, Camp Pemigewassett firstname.lastname@example.org; 203-932-7108.
- William Lawrence Camp (Center Tuftronboro, NH) is running their Staff Certification Week from June 7-15, 2018. Offers include: Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor, Waterfront Lifeguard Training, CPR for Professional Rescuer, ECSI First Aid, Camp Rifle Instructor Training Course, Wilderness First Aid, and National Archery Association Basic Instructor Level I. Click HERE for the flyer with more details on courses and how to register.
- Camp Hawkeye (Moultonbotough, NH) will be offering Lifeguard Training, Wilderness First Aid and Archery Level 1. Courses will be offered June 2018. For more information and to register contact Garrett
- Merrimack Parks and Recreation (Merrimack, NH) will be offering a Wilderness First Aid Course June 2 and 3, 2018. To register Click here
- City of Portsmouth Recreation Department (Portsmouth, NH) is offering Lifegaurding and WSI courses in the months of May and June. Contact Yvonne for more details and to register.
- AYF Merrowvista (Center Tufftonboro, NH) will be offering a Wilderness First Responder Course (WFR) May 26 - June 6 2018. To register, Click here
- Hulbert Outdoor Center (Fairlee, VT) has year round opportunities for certification and training for the following: American Heart Association CPR, SOLO WFA, SOLO WFR, SOLOR WFR Re-cert, Wilderness EMT, and ACA Canoe Instructor. Courses are scheduled to accommodate school breaks and the summer camp season. Keep an eye out for new training and certification availability. Courses are offered April-June and throughout the year.
- Essex Recreation (Essex, VT) is sponsoring a Level 1 Archery Course June 16, 2018. For more information contact Adrienne or Ron.
Outside of New England
- Adirondack Training Institute (Kattskill Bay, NY) offers training and certification in SOLO Wilderness First Aid, SOLO Wilderness First Responder, American Red Cross Lifeguarding, ARC Water Safety Instructor (WSI), Powerboat Handling, NRA Shooting Sports Manager, Intro to Kayak, Intro to Canoe, Level 1 and Level 2 Archery, Water Ski Instructor and Driver Training, Mountain Bike Ride Leader Level 1, and U.S. Sailing Small Boat Instructor Level 1. Courses offered March - June, 2018. To register, call (518) 656-9462 or click here.
Year-Round Certification and Instruction Opportunities for Your Staff
- American Canoe Association
- American Red Cross
- American Sailing Association
- Amherst Archery Academy
- Certified Horsemanship Association
- Civilian Marksmanship Program
- Emergency Care & Safety Institute
- New England School of Archery
- Stonehearth Open Learning Opportunities
- US Powerboating
- US Sailing
- US Tennis Association
- USA Water Ski
- Wilderness Medical Associates