This is a two-day workshop taking place June 12-13, 2019. Times are 8:30-5:00 each day. This two-day session is designed for New Adventure Program Directors, Facilitators and Belay Assistants. The content will focus on challenge course belay skills, Australian belay, basic knot tying, element set-up, take down, Standard Operating Procedures for high challenge course elements and climbing wall management.
- Learn Standard Operating Procedures for traversing and ascending high elements, including Climbing Wall/Tower faces.
- Learn how to tie the figure 8 follow-through, figure 8 on-a-bight, double figure 8 and Killick hitch.
- Learn the BUS belay method.
- Learn when participant belays (Australian Belay, TEAM belay, individual) might be appropriate, and how to manage these belays.*
- Learn how to set up and take down elements properly.
- Care for Challenge Course equipment.
- Learn how to incorporate various types of groups into a High Element experience.
Event Organizer/Sponsor: Project Adventure
When: June 12, 2019 from 08:30 am (RSVP required)
Where: Project Adventure
719 Cabot Street
Beverly, Massachusetts 01915
Registration and payment via credit card can be done online. We also accept Purchase Orders and payments via check. Please email our registrar, Keri Hinchion, at email@example.com for more information.