What and Who is EPIC?
EPIC (Emerging Professionals in Camping) is a group within the American Camp Association. EPIC New England is a regional affiliate and welcomes any members whose camp is in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont. EPIC connects emerging professionals from around the country and strives to provide meaningful opportunities for learning and networking. There are no official EPIC "membership requirements"; anyone is welcome if the topic and conversations speak to you and can help you on your path to personal and professional growth!
Where and When can you find EPIC at the ACA New England Conference 2019?
Ongoing in the Exhibit Hall
- Thursday 3:30-6pm & Friday 10:15-11am
- We are sharing a booth with ACA New England! Come chat with a committee member to learn more about EPIC. Also, drop off your contact information for a chance to win a raffle prize at Friday’s Happy Hour!
- Happy Hour at Thirsty Moose from 5-6pm
- Last chance to enter your name for a sweet raffle prize. Winners will be announced during the event. Must be present to win!
- Lunch & Learn from 12:15-1pm
- Facilitated group discussion focused on “emerging professionals”. What it means to be EPIC, hot topics impacting our camps and how we can positively influence our camping community at large.
- Join the fun on our Facebook Group
Why be EPIC?
2019 marks the inaugural year for EPIC New England. How cool would it be to be there at the beginning?! Think about, a group of like-minded and experienced people coming together from different “companies” to share ideas, concerns and best practices. In an industry where most of us work independently for the majority of the year (compared to our “real job” in the summer), we deserve this continued community! Also, we have a lot of fun!