Upon following developments after the posting of this update, the 2020 New England Camp Conference was cancelled. Click here to read more.
Camp touches us all, but keep your hands to yourself.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the ACA, New England Camp Conference in just a few weeks! We are sure you’re excited to see old friends and make new acquaintances – and while a handshake or a hug might be your go-to way to say hello, we encourage you to find ways to greet one another that don’t involve touching such as:
- Waving and smiling
- Giving a nod
- Bumping elbows
- Or even tapping feet
Get creative and make it fun, while also exercising caution and keeping it a handshake and hug free environment!
While we understand there is a lot of uncertainty with regards to the new Coronavirus/COVID-19, there is currently no disruption to the plans for the New England Camp Conference! We have been in touch with the Manchester Health Department who shared that there is not any community wide transmission of Coronavirus in the community at this time, so there are no plans to curtail or restrict any common gatherings. We will continue to monitor the situation and will communicate additional information if things change.
There will be hand sanitizer available throughout the conference facility and we are working with the hotel on plans for nightly disinfection of common use surfaces.
As a reminder, conference attendees are encouraged to take the same precautions as those recommended by the CDC to prevent the spread of influenza:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (and dry your hands after washing).
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing (and if you use a tissue, throw the tissue in a closed trash bin).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use a knuckle to touch light switches and elevator buttons.
- Open doors with a closed fist or hip.
- If you are feeling sick or have a fever, please stay home.
See you in Manchester!