Do You Work in the Summer Camp Field?
The American Camp Association, New England is a community of camp professionals who, for more than one hundred years, have joined together to share knowledge and experience and to ensure the quality of camp programs. ACA New England accredits nearly 400 day and overnight summer camps in the six New England states. We know you want to enhance the lives of children through the summer camp experience, so we are here to provide you with all the resources you need to do just that.
Professional Development & Education:
- Annual Conference -offered each year during March in Manchester, NH.
- Professional Calendar - Lists events, meetings and educational opportunities throughout New England for those working in the summer camp field.
- Training & Certifications - The non-camp seasons of fall, winter and spring are full of opportunities to train and certify staff for the summer
- The ACA Accreditation process is a voluntary commitment by camps to the highest standards of health, safety, and program quality.
- Already an Accredited Camp? - Find Accreditation resources here
- Interested in becoming an Accredited Camp? - Everything you need to know is here
- A Visitor is a volunteer with a background in camp administration who has completed the Associate Visitor Training course and served an “apprenticeship” with an experienced Visitor. These individuals are the heart and soul of the accreditation process, ensuring that each accreditation visit runs smoothly. Learn more here!
- There are plenty of ways to become involved with ACA New England, find more information here.