The Process of Becoming an ACA Accredited Camp
Becoming an ACA Accredited camp might seem daunting at first, but there are six simple steps to becoming Accredited and maintaining your ACA Accredited status.
- Complete an application for membership.
- Attend a Standards Course. Courses are offered in the fall and early spring.
- Review and evaluate each area of your camp’s operation according to the guidelines in the standards.
- Prepare materials and written documentation.
- Participate in a visit by a team of ACA-trained Visitors. The visit traditionally takes place over the course of a day during which the Accreditation Visitors will observe your camp in action.
- Annually sign a Statement of Compliance.