The American Camp Association, New England enriches the lives of children and families through quality camp experiences.
The American Camp Association, New England is a community of camp professionals who, for more than one hundred years, have joined together to share knowledge and experience and to ensure the quality of camp programs. ACA New England accredits nearly 400 day and overnight summer camps in the six New England states. ACA New England fulfills its mission and advances camp excellence by:
- Promoting - as New England's camp knowledge center for families, child-serving professionals, and media - the value of a quality camp experience.
- Providing the most comprehensive and reliable camp-related resources in print and online.
- Administering the ACA Accreditation program in New England and educating the public about its importance.
- Administering the Campership Fund to provide financial assistance to children in need...because camp is for everyone! Our annual Camp Champions Celebration serves as the primary fundraiser for the Campership Fund.
- Establishing and furthering best practices in the summer camp industry through excellent educational opportunities for camp owners, directors, and staff in fourteen essential areas of quality camp management.
- Offering online resources for the camp seeking public on how to choose a well-suited camp, and on the benefits of a summer camp experience for children.
ACA New England is an Affiliate of the American Camp Association, Inc.